Regal Pastrami Smoked Salmon and Asparagus with Parmesan and Garlic Dipping Sauce
- Difficulty: Easy
- Serves: 8
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Rate this recipe
- 2 x 3.5oz packs of Regal Pastrami Style Cold Smoked Salmon
- 17oz of asparagus, trimmed
Parmesan and Garlic Dipping Sauce:
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard
- 6-8 anchovy fillets, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 4 tablespoons of Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup of parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 cups of olive oil
- 2-4 tbsp warm water , if needed
1. Make the dipping sauce first: Place egg yolks, mustard, anchovies, garlic, vinegar, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and parmesan in a food processor or blender. Blitz until combined. While motor still running add the oil last, to emulsify, then add the water if sauce is too thick. Season to taste. Set aside in the fridge until ready to use. Can be kept in the fridge for 3-4 days before use.
2. Trim the woody ends off the asparagus. Trim the woody ends off the asparagus. Steam asparagus in a bamboo or metal steamer over pan of hot water for 3 minutes, until just tender. Refresh in ice cold water, to keep the crisp green color.
3. Cut each piece of Regal Smoked Pastrami Salmon in half lengthways. Carefully wrap the thin slices of the Regal Smoked Pastrami Salmon around each asparagus spear, securing the last bit underneath the spear.
4. Place on a flat serving platter and drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil and sprinkle with plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Serve with the parmesan and garlic dipping sauce, lime cheeks and garnish with fresh herbs and edible flowers. Serve immediately.