The 4 pillars of making a show-stopping platter from Chef Al Brown himself!
Creating a grazing platter 101 - by Al Brown
- Anchor the platter with something special...Regal Maple Smoked Salmon would be a show stopper!
- Think about a sauce or a dip that works well with that….say tzatziki, preserved lemon mayonnaise, or a 'feta style' rip and dip.
- I’m a big fan of a freshly sliced baguette or pita bread as a softer texture to run alongside different crackers or oat biscuits.
- A soft cheese, ripe brie or goats cheese along with something a bit firmer, such as a gouda or aged cheddar.
- Preserves are next; a good sweet and acidic chutney, a fruit paste like quince or apple, or even just some simple caramelized onion.
- I then like to think about something salty / briney for a grazing platter... a couple of different olives, some white anchovies or pickled vegetables.
- I’m a sucker for some charcuterie too. Good salami, sliced prosciutto, or some chorizo