Warming Regal Salmon Curry
- Difficulty: Medium
- Serves: 4
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Rate this recipe
- 1 thumb size of (approx. 16g) ginger, fresh
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1-2 red chili, (more or less to your spice level!)
- 1 thumb size turmeric, fresh, or 1 tsp ground turmeric
- Handful of coriander, fresh or 1 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 2 tablespoons of tamari sauce
- 4 Fresh Regal King Salmon Fillets
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 can of coconut cream
- 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt, (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons of coconut sugar, or brown sugar
- 1 packet of baby spinach leaves
- Make the curry paste. Roughly chop ginger, garlic, chillies, turmeric and coriander. Add ingredients into a bullet blender or food processor, along with neutral oil and Tamari. Blend into a paste - add water if you need to help it go around.
- Heat a deep pan on medium with a generous tablespoon of oil. Add the chopped onion and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the curry paste. Fry for a further 2 minutes until fragrant.
- Add in tomatoes, coconut cream, coconut sugar and salt. Stir to combine.
- Bring to boil and let it simmer for 5 minutes on a low heat.
- In a separate pan, cook Regal salmon fillets - cooking time may vary depending on the size and temperature.
- Add baby spinach into the curry sauce. Cook until wilted down and the curry sauce has thickened (around another 8-15 minutes). Cook the basmati rice while waiting.
- Serve curry with basmati rice and garnish with fresh coriander and a slice of lime.