Raised in the clean and cold waters of New Zealand’s Marlborough Sounds, Regal Marlborough King Salmon is known for its incredible flavour, colour, texture and healthy omega-3 fatty acids. It’s the unique mix of currents, water quality and temperatures, the ‘merroir’, that elevates our King salmon above the rest. When you choose Regal Marlborough King Salmon, you can be sure you’re enjoying the finest salmon in the world.
Our brand story
Regal Marlborough King Salmon is a progressive and innovative brand. We are always looking to create the finest possible product and have an incredible reputation both here and abroad. Download our brand book to read our story and find out what makes our salmon a cut above the rest.
What we do
We’re proud of the world-class beautiful, healthy and delicious salmon that we farm — you can’t get any better. To find out more about what we do and how we do it watch our video above.
Our sustainability mission
At Regal Marlborough King Salmon caring for the environment is integral to what we do. To deliver on our sustainable farming commitments, we are annually audited and certified by the independent Best Aquaculture Practices program from The Global Aquaculture Alliance.
In addition the New Zealand King Salmon industry received the Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch Green/Best Choice rating, the first marine-farmed salmon to achieve this rating.
Reusable, recyclable or compostable by 2025
We have set a goal of 100% reusable, recyclable or compostable packaging across our business by 2025.
To help us achieve this we have recently become members of the Australian Packaging Covenant Organisation. This means our packaging has been assessed against a database of recycling information that confirms it can be recycled in the Australian and New Zealand kerbside recycling systems.
We have introduced approved logos to provide instructions on how to dispose of our packaging. Check out this video to learn more and keep an eye on our Regal Marlborough King Salmon packs for the new logos.
Our farms are scattered through the cool, deep waters of the Marlborough's pristine Pelorus and Queen Charlotte Sounds.
Regal Marlborough King Salmon’s sea farm sites were chosen very carefully. The sites need deep enough water; sufficient water flow; shelter from wind and waves; high quality, cool waters with low variation in temperature and salinity, and adequate separation from other sea farms.
Certain parts of the Marlborough Sounds provide this ideal environment, essential for our King Salmon to thrive and grow.
Our salmon have plenty of room to grow with only 2% of the sea farm being occupied by salmon and the remaining 98% by water.