Festive Salmon Cheeseball
- Difficulty: Easy
- Serves: 8
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Rate this recipe
- 100g of Regal Cold Smoked Salmon
- 150g cheddar, grated
- 150g cream cheese
- 1 tbsp capers, finely chopped
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup either; pecan or pistachio nuts, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup either; cranberries or dried figs, chopped finely
- 1 tspn Worcestershire sauce
- Handful either; thyme or rosemary leaves, chopped
Pull the cream cheese out of the fridge 15-20 minutes before you start making the cheese ball. It’s easier to mix when the cream cheese is soft.
Grate the cheddar cheese and set aside.
Finely chop spring onion, capers, fresh herbs and nuts
Add the cream cheese into a mixing bowl. Loosen it up with a spoon. Add in grated cheese, spring onion, capers, fresh herbs, nuts, cranberries and Worcestershire sauce. Mix with a spoon until it all sticks together and ingredients are all mixed well.
Line a small to medium bowl with cling wrap. Carefully place cold smoked salmon pieces on top of the cling wrap. Try not the leave any gaps.
Spoon cheese mixture into the bowl. Gently press down into the bowl and smooth over with a spoon. Fold over any salmon hanging over the edges.
Tip upside down onto a plate. Carefully lift the bowl and cling wrap off the salmon cheese ball. Arrange crackers around the cheese ball. Garish with pomegranate, rosemary and thyme.
Serve straight away.