Regal King Salmon with Mango and Herb Salad with Pomegranates
- Difficulty: Easy
- Serves: 6
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Oven temperature: 180° C
Rate this recipe
Salmon and Salad:
- Regal Marlborough King Salmon Ready to Roast Fillet, Sweet Chilli, Lime & Mint
- 1 mango
- 1 pomegranate
- 1/2 cup mint Leaves
- 1 cup flat leaf fresh parsley, or basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 2-3 radishes, sliced thinly
- 1 large red chilli, sliced thinly
- 3-4 Gherkins, sliced thinly
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 150g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 300g bocconcini
- 2 limes, juice of
- 2-3 tbsp fresh thyme leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp pomegranate juice, reserved from fruit
- freshly ground black pepper
- lime, wedges
Remove the Regal Salmon from the fridge and leave to come to temperature for 15 minutes before cooking. Preheat the oven to 180°C on fan bake. Line a baking tray with non-stick tin foil or baking paper. Remove the salmon from the pack and place on tray. Bake in oven for 20-23 minutes. Leave to rest for 5 minutes.
While the salmon, is cooking prepare the salad. Cut segments from the mango avoiding the stone, and peel away skin. Cut the pomegranate in half and use the pointy end of a small spoon to dig into the fruit to get the seeds out. Do this over a bowl and reserve the juice that drips out.
Arrange the salad ingredients on a serving platter including the mango, herbs, radishes, chilli slices, gherkins, spring onions, cherry tomatoes and pomegranate seeds. Pull apart the small bocconcini into pieces and arrange on top. Mix the salad dressing ingredients together in a small bowl or glass jar.
Serve the salmon accompanied with salad and pour over the dressing just before serving. Serve hot or cold.