Regal King Salmon with Roasted Vegetables & Chilli Peanut Dressing
- Difficulty: Easy
- Serves: 2
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Rate this recipe
- 200g Regal Sweet Chilli, Lime & Mint Wood Roasted Salmon
- 1-2 red chilli, sliced lengthways
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 eggplant, cut into wedges
- 1 red capsicum, deseeded, sliced
- 2-3 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 tbsp Sesame seeds
- ¼ buttercup squash, cut into thin slices
- 1 cup peanuts, roasted
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 stalk lemon grass, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 red chilli, deseeded, slice
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 tbsp tamarind puree, (optional)
- 2-3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup peanut oil
- sweet soy sauce, to taste
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line two baking trays with baking paper. Remove the Regal Salmon from the fridge and allow to come to temperature for 5 minutes before using.
Spread the chilli's, red onion, eggplant and capsicum slices on a baking tray and drizzle with a little oil. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and roast in oven for 20-25 minutes.
On another tray spread the thin squash slices. Drizzle with oil. Roast in oven for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and then place the whole piece of Regal Salmon on top. Return to the oven for a further 15 minutes.
Arrange the roasted chilli's, capsicum, onion, eggplant and squash on two serving plates. Remove the skin from the Regal Salmon and then place pieces of the salmon on top. Garnish with fresh herbs and microgreens. Serve with side of peanut dressing.
To make the peanut dressing, heat the peanut oil in a small frying pan over a medium heat. Fry the shallot, lemon grass, garlic, and chilli's until soft, but do not allow to colour, about 5-6 minutes.
In processor bowl blitz the peanuts until roughly chopped. Place in a small bowl with chilli and lemongrass and combine. Stir in the brown sugar and tamarind pulp, if using. Stir in rice wine vinegar and sweet soy sauce to taste and combine well. Drizzle in the oil stir well to emulsify all the ingredients together.