Regal Salmon Super Foods Salad Bowl
- 200g Regal Cold Smoked Salmon
- 2 cups brown rice
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves or kale leaves
- 2 baby courgettes, shredded
- ½ head broccoli, cut into small florets
- 200g fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds, toasted
- 2 spring onion, shredded
- 1 cup peppermint or mint Leaves
Lime, chive & yogurt dressing:
- 2 lime, finely grated zest and juice
- ¼ cup chives, snipped
- 1 cup lite Greek yoghurt Greek yoghurt, lite
- black pepper, freshly grounded
- 2-3 kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded (optional)
Place brown rice in a sieve or strainer. Rinse under running water, swirling around to remove starch. Keep washing until water runs clear. Place in a saucepan with four cups water.
Heat the covered saucepan over a medium heat until the water boils, turn down the heat once boiling. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes until rice has absorbed all water. Turn off heat and allow the rice to steam, with the lid still on, for at least 10 minutes.
Preheat oven to 180°C. Tip the rice onto a baking tray, and spread out to a thin layer with a fork. Toast in oven for 20 minutes, remove every five minutes and stir with a fork. Continue to cook for another 4-5 minutes, until grains are golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Spoon the toasted rice onto a serving platter or into a glass jar. Arrange the baby spinach or kale leaves over the top, with courgettes, broccoli florets, and slices of smoked salmon. Top with blueberries, sunflower seeds, and spring onions. Garnish with mint leaves and serve with lime and chive dressing.
To make the dressing, mix all the dressing ingredients in a glass jar or bowl, until well combined season to taste. Chill for at least 20 minutes before serving.
Tip: The broccoli can be served raw or slightly steamed.