Regal King Salmon Buns
- Difficulty: Easy
- Serves: 8
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Rate this recipe
- For the perfect party snack or summer lunch, try these buttery buns, filled with delicious Regal smoked salmon bound with a cucumber, dill and yoghurt-mayo dressing - Nici Wickes
- 200g Regal Marlborough King Salmon Wood Roasted Natural
- 8 small white bread rolls or buns
- 50g butter, softened
- 1 cup cucumber, grated, skin on, squeeze out moisture
- 2 tbsp fresh dill
- 1/2 cup plain yoghurt, natural, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- salt, to taste
Remove Regal Salmon from fridge and rest at room temperature for 5 minutes.
Combine cucumber, dill, yoghurt, mayonnaise, lemon juice and vinegar in a mixing bowl. Slowly add the oil while whisking continually. Season with more lemon and/or salt to taste.
Cut the bun in half horizontally and lightly butter the top. Place the buns in a tray, butter side down and toast in a pre-heated oven at 180° C for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
Fill each warm bun with 2 tablespoons of the cucumber mix on the bottom half, then a decent chunk of salmon, followed by another tablespoon of cucumber mix. Close the buttered lid and serve.