Harissa Salmon with Israeli Couscous Salad
- 400g Regal Salmon Fillets
- 2 tablespoons harissa paste
- 1 small buttercup pumpkin, deseeded and cut into wedges
- 8 baby carrots, washed
- 1 red onion, ends trimmed and cut into wedges
- 1 bulb of garlic, cut in half crossways
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin, grounded
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked pepper
- 200g Israeli couscous
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- lemon, wedges
- fresh parsley, Chopped
- salt and pepper
Heat oven to 200ºC. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
Brush harissa paste over salmon fillets, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to marinade.
Place the wedges of buttercup pumpkin, carrots, red onion and garlic on the lined tray. Top with olive oil, smoked paprika and cumin. Season with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden and soft.
Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Cook the Israeli couscous for 7-10 minutes or until cooked. Drain and set aside to cool.
In a bowl, combine the cooled couscous, chopped parsley, lemon zest, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Toss until well incorporated
Heat a large non-stick sauté pan with olive oil. Fry salmon fillets flesh side down and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
Place couscous salad on a serving plate, top with roasted vegetables, salmon fillets and garnish with extra parsley. Season with salt and pepper.