Hot Smoked Salmon Salad with lemon and herb vinaigrette
- 200g portion Regal Salmon Hot Smoked, Sundried Tomato & Basil or Mixed Pepper & Spices
- 100g black bean noodles
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cucumber, telegraph, thinly sliced
- 1-2 radishes, sliced
- 100g feta, crumbled
- 100g cherry tomato, halved
- 2-3 tablespoons seeds, pumpkin or sunflower, optional
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons basil leaves, chopped, optional
- 1 teaspoon wholegrain mustard
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- cracked pepper, freshly ground
Remove the Regal Hot Smoked Salmon from the fridge and packaging. Allow to rest while preparing the rest of ingredients.
Cook black bean noodles in a pot of boiling water for about 5 minutes. Drain and refresh in cold water. Add a little olive oil to reduce the chance of the noodles sticking together and toss through with salt and ground black pepper and lemon juice.
Prepare the salad vegetables. Make the dressing, by mixing the lemon, vinegar, shallot, herbs, and mustard together in a small jar with a lid. Add the oil, seal the jar and shake well. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
To assemble the salad, Flake the Regal Hot Smoked Salmon using two forks to pull the flakes apart. Layer the noodles, salad vegetables, feta cheese and salmon in a tall jar. Cover with lid or re-usable beeswax wraps. Keep in the fridge or coolie bag until ready to eat.
To serve, tip some of the dressing into the jar and turn jar around to coat, or tip the contents into a jar and pour over dressing – your choice!