Regal Cold Smoked Salmon Rolls with Creamy Honey Mustard Coleslaw
- 200g Regal Manuka Wood Smoked Salmon
- 12 par-baked small bread rolls, (if par-baked bread rolls are not available, use dinner rolls, or toasted mini hot dog buns as a substitute)
- ½ red cabbage, thinly sliced
- ½ green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and then grated
- 2 spring onion, thinly sliced
Honey Mustard Yogurt Dressing:
- ½ cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 1 lemon, finely grated zest and juice
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- pickles, thinly sliced
- fresh herbs
- lime, wedges
- potato chips
Remove the Regal Smoked Salmon from the refrigerator and allow to rest at room temperature.
Slice the cabbage leaves thinly, removing any thicker stalk pieces as you go. Peel and grate your carrots. Thinly slice the spring onions. Combine the shredded cabbage, carrots, spring onions in a large bowl and toss together. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, mix together the Greek yoghurt, honey, mustard, lemon juice, lemon zest, and mayonnaise. Whisk to combine. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Spoon half of the dressing over the coleslaw mix and toss well to combine. Set the dressed coleslaw and leftover dressing aside.
Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F. Lay the bread rolls on a baking tray and bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes until brown and crispy. (If there are alternative instructions on your bread roll packaging to cook or reheat, please follow those instead). Remove rolls from the oven and prepare to fill immediately.
While the rolls are still warm, add a spoonful of dressed coleslaw to each roll. Top with a slice of Regal Manuka Wood Smoked Salmon. Drizzle a little extra honey mustard dressing on top of each bun.
Optional: Garnish with pickles, fresh herbs, and extra mustard if desired.
Serve with plenty of lime wedges, potato chips, and extra coleslaw. Enjoy!