Regal Hot Smoked Salmon Burger with Herby Mayo & Pickled Red Onions
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- 2 gherkins, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 tsp lemon zest
Pickled Red Onion :
- 1/2 cup white vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
- 4 brioche burger buns
- 2 Tbsp butter, softened
- 250g Regal Hot Smoked Salmon - Double Manuka
- 4 Large cos lettuce leaves
- 1/4 telegraph cucumber, sliced
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- 4 lemon wedges
In a bowl, combine all herby mayo ingredients
Place vinegar, water, sugar and salt in a pot and bring to a simmer. Once sugar and salt have dissolved, remove from heat and add the sliced red onion. Set aside to cool.
Slice burger buns in half and sear cut sides with butter. Grill until lightly golden.
Top burger buns with a generous smear of herby mayonnaise, salad ingredients and Hot Smoked salmon. Finish with extra mayonnaise and pickled red onion. Serve with lemon wedges.