Regal Wood Roasted King Salmon with Salad Greens, Cherries & Roasted Eggplant Dressing
- 200g , natural
- 1 eggplant, cut in half lengthways
- 4 garlic cloves, whole
- 2 tbsp tahini paste
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 cups baby spinach or beetroot leaves
- 2 cups baby kale leaves
- 1 cup fresh or canned cherries, cut in half, stones removed
- 1 pomegranate, seeds removed
- 100g goat's cheese, finely shaved
- 1/2 cup pistachio nuts, roughly chopped
- fresh parsley or fresh herbs
Preheat oven to 200°C. Cut the eggplant in half lengthways and brush with a little olive oil and season to taste. Place on an oven tray with the garlic cloves. Bake in oven for 25 minutes, until flesh is tender. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Scoop out the flesh of each eggplant half and squeeze out the roasted flesh of the garlic cloves mash with a fork in a small bowl. Add the tahini, parsley and lemon juice. Season to taste and mix well. Set aside.
Wash and drain the spinach and kale leaves. Arrange the leaves on a large serving platter. Top with cherries, Regal salmon, pomegranate seeds, chopped pistachios and season to taste. Spoon over the roasted egg plant dressing with the extra dressing to be served on the side. Serve immediately.