Regal Salmon Pastry Rolls
- Difficulty: Medium
- Serves: 5
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Oven temperature: 200° C
Rate this recipe
- 250g of Regal Wood Roasted Salmon
- 800g of kumara, or yams, peeled
- 3 spring onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 cups of fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 zest of lemon
- 2 teaspoons of curry powder
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 6 sheets of puff pastry, ready-rolled, flakey
- 1 egg, mixed with 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds, optional
Peel the yams or kumara, cut into small pieces and place in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil over a medium heat, cook for 10 minutes until tender. Drain well, allow to cool.
Combine Regal wood roasted salmon, cooked yam with the spring onion, parsley, parmesan, breadcrumbs, lemon zest, curry powder and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Mix in the 2 beaten eggs and combine well.
Lay a sheet of the ready-rolled pastry on a lightly floured board. Spoon a portion of the mixture in a line down one side of the pastry. Brush remaining pastry with egg wash and then roll the pastry up enclosing the filling. Use the egg wash to seal the edges of the pastry. Place whole roll on a tray. Repeat with the remaining sheets of pastry and filling. Place all the rolls on the tray, brush with egg wash, sprinkle with poppy seeds and place I the fridge for 30 minutes to chill.
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Remove tray from fridge and cut the long rolls into 3-4 pieces. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake in oven for 40-45 minutes until golden brown and pastry has puffed up. Serve hot with tomato sauce or chutney.
- Home made puff or short pastry can also be used for these pastry rolls.
- Potato can also be used instead of yams or kumara.
- Try different flavours of Regal Wood Roasted Salmon for different pastry roll flavours.