Regal Cold-Smoked Salmon Sushi Bowls with Ginger-Lime Ponzu Dressing
- 1/2 cup brown rice, uncooked measurement
- 200g Regal Cold Smoked Salmon, slices
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 telegraph cucumber
- 1 cup edamame beans
- 1 spring onion, greens only
- 1 avocado
- 2 tsp black sesame seeds or white sesame seeds
- 1/4 sheet nori
- Japanese mayo, squeeze to taste
Ginger-Lime Ponzu Dressing:
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp mirin
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 tsp Zest & juice of 1 lime
Rinse the brown rice and then place in a small pot with 1 cup of boiling water. Bring it to a boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer, cover, and cook for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let it stand, covered, for an additional 5 minutes.
Julienne carrot, slice cucumber, radish, and spring onion. Slice avocado, remove the seed and then coat each half in sesame seeds. Soak edamame in hot water, then drain. Whisk dressing ingredients together.
Mix edamame into cooked rice.
To assemble, divide rice between two bowls, top with carrot, cucumber, radish, avocado, and smoked salmon. Serve dressing on the side. Garnish with spring onions, chopped nori sheet and a squeeze of Japanese mayonnaise.