Regal King Salmon with Avocado & Sesame Rice Paper Parcels
- 200g Regal Marlborough King Salmon Hot Smoked Natural
- 2 tsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 lemon juice
- 2 tbsp fresh mint or coriander leaves
- 8 round rice paper wrappers
- 1/2 telegraph cucumber, sliced thinly
- 100g snow peas, sprouts
- 1 avocados, peeled, sliced thinly
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1/4 cup tamari sauce
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 red chilli, finely diced
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 1 tsp sesame seeds, black
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Fresh lime, to serve
Remove the Regal Salmon from the fridge and allow to rest at room temperature for 5 minutes.
Remove the skin, mash the salmon and sprinkle with the sesame seeds and lemon juice. Mix in mint or coriander leaves. Prepare the other vegetables to assemble.
Soften the rice wrappers, one at a time in a flat tray of cold water. Lay one softened rice wrapper on a wet board. Place a small amount of cucumber, snow pea sprouts, avocado and lettuce in the middle of each wrapper. Top with a spoonful of the mashed salmon. Fold end, leaving one end open, and rolling the rice wrapper around the filling. Lay on a flat plate, cover with a clean damp cloth and chill until ready to serve.
Make the dipping sauce by mixing together the tamari, mirin, rice wine vinegar, chilli, mint, black sesame seeds and sugar. Serve the rolls immediately with the dipping sauce and plenty of fresh lime wedges.