Regal Maple Smoked Salmon Canapés
- Difficulty: Medium
- Serves: 10
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Rate this recipe
- 400g of Regal Maple Cold Smoked Salmon Slices
- 250g crème fraiche
- 1-2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- 20 small crackers
- 4 small radishes, thinly sliced
- 20 green olives, pitted
- 20 small sprigs fresh dill
1. Place crème fraîche, 1 Tbsp lemon juice, chives and dill in a bowl. Stir well to combine. Season with salt, pepper and extra lemon juice to taste.
2. Take one piece of Regal Maple Smoked Salmon slices and cut it in half lengthwise. Overlap the pieces slightly to form one long strip. Loosely roll up from one end to form a salmon rose, with the cut side of the salmon as the base. Adjust the ‘petals’ with your hands if needed. Repeat with remaining salmon.
3. Lay crackers out on a serving plate or flat surface. Pipe or spoon crème fraîche mixture onto crackers. Top with radish slices and salmon roses (on their sides). Insert skewers into olives and gently press into salmon. Garnish with dill.
• Salmon canapés are best served soon after assembling