Regal Manuka Honey & Soy with Sticky Rice & Bok Choy
- Difficulty: Easy
- Serves: 2
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Oven temperature: 180° C
Rate this recipe
- 360g Regal Marlborough King Salmon Fillet
- 1 cup medium grain white rice
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger, fresh grated
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 bunches of bok choy, cut in half lengthways
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce, plus extra to serve
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red chilli, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/4 cup honey, manuka
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
Preheat oven to 180ºC and line a baking tray.
In a saucepan, combine rice, 2 cups of cold water and salt. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook covered for 20 minutes or until water has completely absorbed. Remove from heat and let stand covered for 5 minutes.
Combine glaze ingredients in a bowl and drizzle glaze over the salmon and fan bake for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
Meanwhile, heat sesame oil in a large saucepan over a moderate heat. Add the ginger and garlic and fry for 3 minutes. Add the bok choy, soy sauce and 1/4 of a cup of boiling water. Increase the heat, cover and cook for 3 minutes or until bok choy has wilted. Remove lid and fry for a further 2 minutes.
Serve salmon fillets on a bed of sticky rice and alongside bok choy. Finish with toasted sesame seeds, spring onion and fresh chilli.