Sachie's Beetroot & Plum Wine Cured Regal Salmon
- Difficulty: Difficult
- Serves: 4
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Rate this recipe
Beetroot & Plum Wine Regal Salmon:
- 1kg fresh Regal Marlborough King Salmon, boneless and skin off, trimmed to no less than 600gm
- 160gm beetroot, fresh, peeled and grated
- 130ml plum wine
- 2 1/2Tbsp sea salt, flakey
- 200gm beetroot, (need 90ml juice from this)
- 50ml plum wine
- Pinch of table salt
- 1 sheet (7.5 gm) gelatin
New Zealand Wasabi Cream:
- 100gm cream cheese, soften in room temperature
- 100ml full cream
- 10gm wasabi, paste (I use Pure Wasabi brand)
- 1/4tsp table salt
To Assemble :
- 2 handfuls of salad greens or micro herbs
- Edible flowers
- plum, Dehydrated slices (Fresh As brand or any plum alternative)
Beetroot & Plum Wine Regal Salmon
1. Mix beetroot, plum wine and salt in a bowl
2. Place Regal salmon in a zip lock bag and add in the mixture. Coat evenly.
3. Remove air from the bag as much as possible and seal. Turn around halfway through. Keep in a fridge for 2 days.
1. Peel and dice beetroot.
2. Juice beetroot in juicer and strain the liquid.
3. Soak gelatin in cold water until softened.
4. Mix beetroot juice, plum wine and salt in a pot and bring to boil.
5. Remove from the heat and add gelatin in the pot to dissolve.
6. Pour liquid into an oven tray and keep on a bench until it has cooled down.
7. Cover with cling wrap and keep in the fridge over night or until firm.
8. Remove from fridge once set, cut into small cubes and keep in an air tight container. It will last for a week.
New Zealand Wasabi Cream
1. Mix wasabi, cream cheese and salt until smooth.
2. Lightly whip cream and add this to the mixture. Fold through whipped cream. Cover with cling wrap and keep in a fridge till use.
1. Remove Regal salmon from the bag and rinse under cold water. Pat dry with kitchen paper and slice.
2. Mix salad greens or micro herbs with edible flowers and dehydrated plum slices in a bowl.
3. Place 3-4 pieces of salmon on the plate and serve with mixed salad, wasabi cream and garnish with beetroot gel.