Smoked Salmon Entertaining Platter Ideas - Recipe
- Difficulty: Easy
- Serves: 8
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Rate this recipe
- 3.5-7oz of Regal Cold Smoked Salmon
- 5.3oz creamy blue cheese
- 3.5oz brie cheese wheel
- either; green olives or pickles
- either; hummus or dip, served in a small bowl
- chutney, served in a small bowl
- crackers, two types for variety
- either; pistachio nuts or peanuts or cashew nuts
- A smidge of either; fresh thyme leaves or basil leaves or fresh parsley
1. Place the larger ingredients on the board first.
Place a selection of soft, hard and blue cheeses onto the board. Space them out so you can build the smaller ingredients around them. Now would be a good time to pre-cut the cheese if you want. Using different shaped cheeses also adds interest to the board. Let the cheeses sit out for about 20-30 minutes for the best flavour!
Transfer dips / hummus / chutney into small bowls and arrange on the board.
Arrange cold smoked salmon on the board.
2. Arrange the smaller ingredients around the large ingredients
Pickles, olives, crackers (try to go for different shapes or textures), crunchy and sweet elements, like nuts, chips and chocolate, and fresh seasonal fruit & veggies which are a great way to add a pop of colour to the board. These can be arranged directly on to the board or transferred in to small dishes.
3. Finishing touches
Place small spoons in bowls, fork by the salmon and cheese knives on board.
Garnish cheeses (optional) - a drizzle of honey and a sprinkle of chopped herbs looks great!
Garnish the board with fresh herbs - rosemary, thyme, basil or parsley.
Serve straight away.