Regal Manuka Smoked Salmon Puff Pastry Tarts
- Difficulty: Medium
- Serves: 5
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Oven temperature: 390° F
Rate this recipe
- 3 x 3.5oz packs of Regal Manuka Wood Smoked Salmon
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup of apple cider or white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 17oz of flaky pastry
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 tablespoon white sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds
- 12oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon horseradish, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- sea salt
- cracked pepper
- Serve with green salad
Place the vinegar, sugar and salt in a saucepan and simmer until sugar and salt have dissolved. Remove from heat, add the onions and set aside for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat oven to 390ºF regular bake and line a baking tray.
Cut pastry into 6 even rectangles. Run a blunt knife around the edge of the pastry roughly 1inch from the edge to create a border.
Brush the whisked egg around the border and top with sesame seeds.
Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden and puffed up.
In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, horseradish and herbs, season with salt and pepper.
Smear the cream cheese filling in the center of each piece of pastry. Top with smoked salmon slices and pickled red onion. Serve with a green salad.