Manuka Smoked Salmon Creamy Linguine Recipe
- Difficulty: Medium
- Serves: 4
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
Rate this recipe
- 2x 3.5oz packs of Regal Manuka Smoked Salmon, roughly chopped
- 10.5 oz linguine pasta, (uncooked)
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- zest of 1 large lemon
- 1/3 cup white wine
- 1 tsp of vegetable stock powder
- 1 cup cooking cream
- 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 handfuls basil leaves, roughly chopped
- cracked pepper, to taste
- parmesan cheese, shaved (to serve, optional)
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Add linguine and cook for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until al dente.
2. Meanwhile, melt butter in a large frying pan on medium heat. Sauté garlic and lemon zest for 30 seconds, until lightly golden and fragrant.
3. Add wine and stock powder and simmer for 1 minute. Stir in cooking cream and simmer gently for 2 minutes. Stir in parmesan to melt. Add lemon juice, adjusting quantity to taste.
4. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta cooking water, then drain pasta well. Add linguine to sauce together with the Regal Manuka Smoked Salmon slices, basil and reserved pasta water. Toss to combine. Season with cracked pepper to taste.
5. Divide between warmed serving plates or bowls. Top with shaved parmesan and basil leaves, if desired.
• If you prefer not to use wine, use water instead.
• This meal is great served with a simple rocket salad.