Regal Salmon, Smoked Chilli, Honey & Lime Tacos
- Difficulty: Easy
- Serves: 5
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Oven temperature: 180° F
Rate this recipe
- 3 x 4 oz packets of Regal Beech Wood Hot Smoked Salmon, Smoked Chilli, Honey & Lime
- 1/2 cup of cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of caster sugar
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 lime, rind and juice, plus extra to serve
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of chipotle, hot sauce
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1/3 cup of coriander leaves, fresh
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 red chili, medium sized, sliced (optional)
- 12 flour tortillas
In a small saucepan, combine vinegar, water, sugar and salt. Bring it to the boil and then add the red onions. Carefully pour into a heatproof jar or bowl and set aside for 20-30 minutes.
Meanwhile, In a small bowl, combine finely grated lime rind, mayonnaise and chipotle sauce.
In a large bowl, combine cabbage, carrot, 1 tablespoon lime juice and fresh coriander.
To prepare Salmon, break the Hot Smoked fillets into chunks.
Serve tortillas warm topped with salad, sliced avocado, salmon, mayonnaise and fresh chilli. Serve with extra lime wedges.