Salmon Lox Antipasto Eyeballs Recipe
- 2 x 3.5oz packs of Regal Cold Smoked Salmon
- 1 small, thin baguette
- 2 tbsp olive oil, for brushing
- 12 green olives, stuffed with pimentos
- 12 orzo pasta
- To serve , beetroot relish
- Remove Regal smoked salmon from the fridge. Allow to rest at room temperature for 5 minutes, while preparing the remining ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Cut the baguette into thin pieces. Trim any sticking out edges to make each bread slice a more of a circle. The baguette slices can’t be too large or too thick, but the bread will shrink in the oven. Place on a baking tray and brush with a little olive oil. Sprinkle with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Place in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, until golden brown, then remove and turn over to toast the other side. Bake for another 4-5 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Cut each of the olives in half precisely through the middle. Carefully place on a plate and set aside. Cut the bocconcini balls in half through the middle as well, or if they are little, leave whole. Drain on a paper towel. Cut a small hole into the most rounded side of the cheese ball. Squeeze a piece of the olive, cut side up into the whole, being careful not to split the cheese.
- Take each slice of baguette crostini and place the bocconcini on top with the olive eye sticking up.
- Carefully wrap half of each slice of Regal Salmon around the outside of the cheese and crostini, slightly stretching and covering the bread at the bottom. Press the last piece into place with your finger and the salmon should hold itself in place.
- Place onto a platter with Beetroot relish lemon wedges and freshly ground black pepper.
Note: Pre-made, store bought crostini also works well to make quick preparation of these Halloween morsels.