Regal Smoked Salmon, Leek & Pea Risotto
- 3 x 3.5oz packs of Regal Wood Roasted Salmon, warmed
- 1 leek
- 1 oz of butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 14 oz of arborio rice
- 150ml white wine
- 1L good quality chicken stock
- 10oz of peas, frozen, defrosted
- 1 lemon, Zest,finely grated
- cracked pepper
- fresh mint or fresh chives or basil leaves, to serve
Dice leek, discarding of end and green tops.
Place butter and olive oil in a large sauté pan. Add the diced leek and sweat for 10 minutes over a low/medium heat until soft. Add the garlic and thyme and cook for a further 3 minutes.
In a saucepan, bring the chicken stock to a low simmer.
Add the arborio rice to the pan and stir through leeks. Add the wine and bring to a simmer. Gradually add the stock, ladleful at a time, only adding the next ladleful once the previous has been absorbed. This will take around 30 minutes, stir regularly.
Take half of the defrosted peas and place in a large bowl. Use the back of a fork or a masher and lightly smash the peas. Add to the risotto along with the remaining whole peas and lemon zest.
Season with salt and cracked pepper.
Divide risotto between 4 bowls and top with flaked Regal smoked salmon and fresh herbs.