Al Brown Manuka Smoked Salmon Pizza
- Difficulty: Medium
- Serves: 4
- Preparation time:
- Cooking time:
- Oven temperature: 430° F
Rate this recipe
- 2 x 3.5oz packs of Regal Maple Cold Smoked Salmon Slices
- 7oz fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon of capers
- 1 tablespoon of fresh dill, or fennel fronds, torn
- cracked pepper
- sea salt
Pizza Dough (or buy store-bought):
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons of surebake yeast mixture
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 10.5oz of high grade flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
In a bowl, mix together 7oz of warm water, caster sugar and sure bake. Set aside for 10 minutes or until the yeast has activated and began to foam.
In a large bowl, place the flour and salt. Add the yeast mixture and mix to combine. On a clean, floured surface, knead the dough for 10 minutes or until smooth. Place in a clean bowl, cover and set aside in a warm place for 2 hours or until doubled in size.
Once the dough has risen, punch the dough down and divide into 2. Shape into balls, cover and set aside for 1 hour to rise again.
Heat oven to 430ºF fan bake.
On a clean, floured surface, roll pizza dough into a large circle and place on a greased baking tray. Add the toppings and bake for 10-15 minutes or until pizza bases are crisp.